Pages

homeaboutmeweartoworkfashioninteriors

5.31.2011

Wear to Work Outfits

Going from sorority-college-girl outfits to 9-to-5-corporate-girl outfits has been challenging to say the least. No ponytails? I have to straighten my hair every day? I have to wear heels and blazers? And cardigans??

Where did my oversized t-shirts and leggings go?? Sigh..

Plus, how do you buy a whole new wardrobe with very little money to spend?

Yeah.. I'm still working on it.

A few of my favorite wear-to-work outfits..







Images from Ann Taylor Loft, Banana Republic, Net-a-Porter, J. Crew

I'm very into neutrals for spring/summer because they're both cool and classic. You can look chic and professional while still being comfortable.

One of the things I like most about my company is how versatile everyone is. It is perfectly acceptable to wear a pant-suit, or a simple blouse with a skirt and flats. We even had an employee wear cowgirl boots last Friday! Can you say casual??

That being said, I think it's important to dress for the position you want, not the position you have, while still incorporating your personal style into your looks. My advice? Watch what your boss wears and try to dress up to her level of professionalism, if not higher. When you put effort into the way you present yourself, your colleagues will notice and it will pay off!


xoxo

1 comment:

  1. you are sooo smart!!! i never thought about dressing up to ur boss before! thats GENIUS!!! and this post helps a bunch for the upcoming internships and law school interviews!
    love ya
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete