Pages

homeaboutmeweartoworkfashioninteriors

5.14.2012

One Day You're In, and the Next Day...

You're out. (In my head, this is said in Heidi Klum's voice from Project Runway).

Chevron, you're so out, and herringbone, you're oh so in.


Although these two looks are very similar, the recent chevron craze has left somewhat of a bad taste in my mouth lately. I'm love it, but I'm tired of it. See the above illustration for a more detailed view of what makes these two patterns different.

Both patterns are quintessentially European and, in my mind, just scream "apartment in Paris". However, I find the "flow" of the herringbone pattern much more visually pleasing than the sharp lines in chevron. 

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image


Pinned Image


I'd love to know your thoughts and opinions!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting tired of chevron too, love it but lately it's everywhere, not only floors, so herringbone it is:)

    ps: the gold urchin is from jaysonhome.com, but I don't think it's available anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interiors. Lovely for inspirations.

    Patience
    You're invited to participate in my Giveaway to win Roberto Cavalli Sunglasses:
    Roberto Cavalli Sunglasses Giveaway

    ReplyDelete