Pages

homeaboutmeweartoworkfashioninteriors

12.06.2012

Drumroll, Please...

Pantone announced last night that the color of the year for 2013 is emerald! Which is no surprise, considering how overdone Tangerine Tango ended up becoming. I mean, that sh*t was EVERYWHERE.

A nice regal, cool color is just what people (or maybe just me) are craving. Not just green, which is lively and fresh, but emerald. Big difference there. Emerald conveys a sense of richness, formality and elegance.

Steven Stolman, president of Scalamadré, said "As the only Jewish member of the Irish Georgian Society, I feel uniquely qualified to discuss the color Emerald. It's a happy-go-lucky color. Although I've never really been comfortable with the green beer ... I love emerald green for jewelry, of course, and clothing." As a part-time Palm Beacher, he added, "I know how important it is when mixed with pink."

Not into Pantone's choice? Sherwin Williams picked a similar aloe while Benjamin Moore went with lemon sorbet.
Photobucket

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10

And let's not forget one of the most iconic emerald dresses... 


"Great balls of fire. Don't bother me anymore, and don't call me sugar."

xoxo
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment